Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Lesson 6 Gale Virtual Resource Library- GVRL

With the GVRL you can search many subject areas across the entire collection at once, 24/7. It has read speaker technology and can be  downloaded in MP# format. You can book,mark, translate and cite.
In the upper right hand corner I clicked on the Title list to view the titles in the collection. I selected an book on the American Civil war. It had 5 volumes that I could browse. I selected biographies from the Table of contents and found an article about Pauline Cushman, a Northern spy. There were a couple photographs and information about her work as a spy as well as some history about her life after the war. This book is a good reference to Civil war biographies.
I did a search for Zinc. There are 960 articles in the basic search. Within the subject of Zinc I searched for Foods High in Zinc and found 4 articles. Narrowing it down once more with a search for Zinc as a nutrient, I found 3 articles. I used the listen feature and learned how important Zinc is our bodies. A female 12 years or older should have 12 mg/day according to the USRDA. There is information about using Zinc for the common cold and various infections. I figured that this is a good time to check out my One A Days- 15 mg. Looks like I've got the Zinc covered,
I would like to read Inferno by Dante Alighieri. I can find may great articles about the poem and the author, but have not been able to find the 34 stanzas that this information is all about.
I checked out McCleve and kelcy25's blogs. I am glad that others can use this information with their students.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lynda, You can find the complete text of the Inferno here: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Divine_Comedy/Inferno. You made some great discoveries. Thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete