Monday, March 23, 2015

Lesson 7 Ebooks on EBSCOhost

I searched for Kite Flying. I found many, many non relevant books. Finally I stumbled across the magic combination of selecting all source types, all search terms, expanding to apply related words and no limits that finally got me relevant results to my search. I had given up.
I was able to find 3684 results with similar criteria when I searched Constitution Day. I'm going to mark September 17th on my calendar. I had to adjust the search criteria to eliminate sources not available on the internet. A source called We The People had information on when and why we have Constitution Day as well as who introduced the bill and which president signed it into law. Now I know why I did not learn about it in school!
The final search I did with Ebsco Host was an advanced search of a publisher. I selected Nebraska. I got 88 results from the University of Nebraska press. Subject included Political Science, Travel, Social Science, Sports and Recreation, Education and History.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it can feel as if you need a "magic combination" of search terms & fields to get the desired result here. It also helps to keep in mind that these books were purchased to aid public library non-fiction collections in a general way. You conquered it, and that's what counts! Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete